In the heart of the basaltic flows of Jaujac
3 points of interest
- Built heritage
"Roman" bridgeThe so called « roman » bridge permit to cross a little tributary of Lignon river : the Rieuclar. This bridge is actually Norman. Sweet waterfalls in autumn.
- Built heritage
This medieval bridge span the Lignon. Going down Tanargue mounts, the Lignon flows into the Ardèche a bit before Neyrac-les-Bains. But in the old days, it depthy notches a wonderful lava flow.
- Historical and religious heritage
The actual Jaujac’s church has been built in 1848-1852. It presents vault in three-centered arch, paintings in the choir, three golden wood statues and a organ of 23 games installed in 1970 (concert).
- Departure from the town hall, Champ de Mars square. Reach the street de « La Molle ». Follow Thueyt right direction.
- The Castelas is the older district of Jaujac, it is overhanging by a twelve century ruin keep castle. At the bridge exit, take right and go along the Lignon by walking on the path that goes down toward the bank.
- Pass the bridge known as roman bridge and take the calade. Above the road a belvedere will inform you about the volano eruption. Continue the way to Monteil hamlet. Cross the hamlet to La Roche post.
- Arrived at La Roche, follow « Jaujac 9km » direction. The path cross an ancient chestnut grove.
- Arrived at the paved road, take left to the Sérangelier post.
- Follow « Fabras 5.1km » direction. Cross 2 times the road and about 30m take the path on your left.
- You are at la Brousse, follow « Fabras 3.9km ». Go down the calade that snakes to the Lignon. Cross the Echelette bridge and enjoy the view from the belvedere.
- Walk kalong RD5 on the right for 250m and get higher than Bonneval post. Cross the road carefuly and go up the path.
- At Larmande, follow « Jaujac 2.2km ». At 250m take the way that goes down on the right and reach RD19.
- Before the primary school, pass the zebra crossing and continue the way. Reach Champ the Mars square on your right walking along the church.
- Departure : Town hall, Jaujac
- Arrival : Town hall, Jaujac
- Towns crossed : JAUJAC and FABRAS
Access and parking
From Aubenas N102 to Lalevade d’Ardèchethen on the left the D19 Jaujac direction. From the est or the north, take D5 after Neyrac-les-Bains from the national 102.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: